Wednesday 20 April 2016

keto diet meal ideas

i often struggle with good ideas for meal or sometimes im not sure how keto my meals are.

my biggest problem is knowing weather i have enough fat in a meal or not. Since its easy to to recognize protein and carbs in every meal.

most blogs show complicated meals that aren’t simple to make. the always have a flurry of ingredients that would probably cost a pretty penny to maintain.

here is a typical meal from ruled.me

BBQBaconCheeseburgerWaffle

The Waffles

  • 1.5 oz. Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 large Eggs
  • 1 cup Cauliflower Crumbles (125g)
  • 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 4 tbsp. Almond Flour
  • 3 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste

The Topping

  • 4 oz. Ground Beef (70/30)
  • 4 slices Bacon, chopped
  • 4 tbsp. Sugar-free BBQ Sauce
  • 1.5 oz. Cheddar Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste

as you can see it looks very tasty and appealing but can you eat like this on a budget??

i am not sure here are some tips to save your pockets

1. Find your local farmer or shop at farmer’s market

I buy meat, eggs and sometimes raw dairy from my farmer rather than a supermarket. My farm is just a 10 minute drive from where I live, so it’s very convenient. Here are the main reasons why I almost never buy meat from a supermarket:

  • Quality. You know what the animals are fed and how they live.
  • Price. Buying form a farmer is more economical, especially when buying in bulk.
  • Ethical. I go to a farm I trust, where animals are treated well. Actually, my farmers know their animals by name. They even give you a tour any time you ask them.

2. Buy seasonal

If you get your vegetables and fruits from a farmer, they are always seasonal. If you buy your fruits and vegetables from a supermarket, you’ll never learn what is seasonal. The only indication will be their price. Crops are usually more expensive at the beginning of their season, as there are not as many available.

Globalisation enabled supermarkets to offer any foods any time of the year. It’s not rare to see fresh strawberries in February or pumpkin in June on most supermarket shelves. However, this convenience will cost you extra money. I rarely buy anything out of season – it’s too expensive and the produce often lacks quality.

Whatever you can, buy it in bulk! Just make sure you can fit it in your fridge or freezer.

What to buy in bulk? Any long-life products (almond flour, flaxseed, coconut flour, Erythritol, stevia, etc.) and meat (in the freezer). Sometimes, I buy seasonal vegetables and fruits and freeze them or make preserves. Now it’s pumpkin season, so I’m going to make loads of pumpkin puree and use it throughout the year to make delicious keto-friendly recipes. Never buy short-life products you cannot freeze in bulk. Here is a list of foods you should never freeze.

Oils, especially extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil can be quite pricey. Buy them in bulk! Almond, coconut and nut flours are also quite expensive. Buy them in bulk or make them yourself (read further if you want to know how).

4. Shop online, use loyalty schemes, coupons and special offers

shopping online will keep you from buying unhealthy foods or from buying more than you need. Every time I shop online, I get new coupons on foods I frequently purchase and even some additional sales (on cinema tickets, etc.). Wherever you live, find out about the offers at your local supermarket.”

 

 

The post keto diet meal ideas appeared first on My Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment